PTO Grant Program
2016-2017 Grant Description
The Sells Middle School PTO is pleased to announce the PTO Grant Program, available to teachers and staff. This is the first year of this program, and we appreciate your understanding as we all learn the most effective ways to implement the grant program. Please give serious consideration to applying for a grant this year; a successful start with many grant awards will provide the best possible foundation for a permanent PTO Grant Program.
Purpose of the Grant
The vision of the PTO is to make every child’s potential a reality. The mission of the PTO is to be a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
In line with this vision and this mission, the purpose of the PTO Grant Program is to provide funding to enrich and enhance students’ educational experiences and well-being in the school setting, to support teachers in their creative and innovative thinking, and to provide a critical link between the PTO and the school faculty.
The grant program is made possible solely by the fundraising efforts of the PTO. For the 2015-2016 academic year, the PTO has approved funding $10,000.00 in grants.
The Grant Committee is composed of the PTO President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Past President, the school Principal, and several parent members of the PTO.
All ideas are welcome. No idea is too big or too small to be considered. We would love to approve every grant!
- Proposals will be considered in totality to allow decisions based on equity among grades, and classrooms.
- The goal of the Grant Program is to benefit as many students as possible. Therefore, preference will be given to proposals that benefit students in multiple classrooms or students in the same classrooms over multiple years.
- Preference will be given to grants that support in-house programs over grants that pay for talent or experience outside of the school staff and the school.
- Proposals that are denied solely because of insufficient Grant Funds are encouraged to be resubmitted the following year, and will receive preferential consideration at that time.
- We are seeking submissions that are in line with the district goals as well as giving us a strong sense of Rock Pride
- PTO Grant Funding will not be awarded for projects or materials that are normally provided by the school district.
Grant Terms and Conditions
- All items purchased through the PTO Grant Program become the property of Sells Middle School.
- Grant recipients will be supplied with the PTO’s tax ID number so that sales tax will not be applied to the purchase.
- Grants will be paid out in one of two ways:
- Grant recipients may provide invoices to the PTO Treasurer, who will write the checks and notify you that payment has been made. We prefer that recipients use this method, particularly for larger expenses.
b.Grant recipients may pay for expenses directly, and then request reimbursement from the PTO Treasurer. Recipients will be required to fill out a voucher form to request reimbursement and to attach receipts totaling the amount of reimbursement. Requests for reimbursement must be submitted within two weeks of the date the recipient pays the expense, and in no event later than 30(thirty) days. Receipts must be dated after the grant is awarded as the grant is not intended for expenses incurred prior to receiving an award.
- After students have benefited from the grant (or begun to benefit in the case of an ongoing program), grant recipients agree to submit a brief (one page) report to the PTO, and to present that report at a PTO meeting. The report will describe the project or activity and explain how students have benefited from the grant. The PTO looks forward to celebrating, promoting, and publicizing the efforts of the grant recipients and their accomplishments with the grant program. Grant recipients are invited to submit materials that could help showcase their projects, if appropriate. Information from the reports and any other submitted materials may be used in the monthly PTO newsletters, the PTO website or Facebook page, and during appropriate school events (such as Curriculum Night and Open House). The more that parents and teachers are made aware of the benefits of the PTO grant program, the greater support it will have in years to come.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here